At the invitation of the
Italian Chamber of Commerce in Munich
I recently had the pleasure of attending the masterclass of
Davide De Pra
from the 2-star restaurant
in Trieste will be taking part. This slightly different risotto was cooked using the special Format Frant cheese and freshly grated horseradish to give it a delicately spicy note.
How is risotto rice roasted correctly?
Tip from the pros! Real Vialone risotto rice is roasted in a pan with a little salt until you can no longer hold the rice in your bare hands.
For 2 persons
- 200g Vialone risotto rice
- White wine
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 100g smoked trout, finely diced
- 20-40g horseradish
- 80g butter
- 40g olive oil
- 100g Formadi Frant cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fry the rice as described above and deglaze with a strong dash of white wine. Then cook the risotto over a low heat until al dente, adding the vegetable stock slowly (one ladleful at a time). If you like, you can add a little olive oil.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes and grate the horseradish.
- Cut the smoked trout into bite-sized pieces.
- When the rice is al dente and has absorbed the liquid from the stock, remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the cheese, olive oil and butter.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and freshly grated horseradish.
- Arrange the risotto on plates and drape the trout on top.